Featured Department: Department of Veterinary Medicine and Surgery
Many years ago the courses in veterinary medicine were first divided into departments. The departments of Medicine and of Surgery were among the first to be established. They continued as separate departments until 1953. Upon Dr. C. H. Covault's retirement as head of the Department of Medicine at that time, the two were merged into a single department, the Department of Medicine and Surgery. Dr. G. R. Fowler, who had been head of the Department of Surgery since 1932, was appointed head of the new department. He retired in July of this year. Dr. B. W. Kingrey, who had joined the staff two years previously, was appointed as the department head.