The Iowa State College Veterinary Medical Division 1858 -1948

Date
1948
Authors
Murray, Charles
Major Professor
Advisor
Committee Member
Journal Title
Journal ISSN
Volume Title
Publisher
Altmetrics
Authors
Research Projects
Organizational Units
Series
Department
Iowa State University Digital Repository
Abstract

Provision for the establishment of the Veterinary Division was by act of the Legislature, signed by Governor Lowe, March 22, 1858, providing for the establishment of a State Agricultural College and Farm to include veterinary studies among other courses to be taught. It was 13 years later when President Welch reported that, "for additional instruction seniors in agriculture will need a professor of practical agriculture, who, besides other important duties, will give lectures on camparative anatomy, physiology, and veterinary science. " Veterinary subjects as taught at that time were offered in the second semester of the senior year in agriculture.

Comments
Description
Keywords
Citation
DOI
Source
Collections