New publication about corn insects
Last month, the Entomological Society of America (ESA) released their newest publication title Handbook of Corn Insects. The handbook is written by 74 entomologists representing universities, federal agencies, and corporations. It is a comprehensive resource and contains the following:
- detailed descriptions of 76 insect pests of corn and their injury;
- 158 color photographs, dozens of illustrations, and distribution maps;
- illustrated keys to help identify pests and corn injury;
- a section on beneficial insects and insect diseases;
- strategies for management of corn insects; and
- glossary of terms.