Functional masterpiece: Woodbury County Courthouse

Date
2003-12-01
Authors
Naegele, Daniel
Naegele, Daniel
Major Professor
Advisor
Committee Member
Journal Title
Journal ISSN
Volume Title
Publisher
Altmetrics
Authors
Research Projects
Organizational Units
Architecture
Organizational Unit
Journal Issue
Series
Department
Architecture
Abstract

In late 1914, the Sioux City architect William Steele, who from 1896 to 1899 had apprenticed in the Chicago office of Louis Sullivan, won a limited local competition to build the Woodbury County Courthouse.

Comments

This article was originally published in the Iowa Architect magazine, the official magazine of the American Institute of Architects, Iowa Chapter. For more information contact AIA Iowa at 515.244.7502.

Description
Keywords
Citation
DOI
Source
Collections