Forestry Extension Programs In Iowa

Date
1986
Authors
Prestemon, R.
Journal Title
Journal ISSN
Volume Title
Publisher
Altmetrics
Authors
Research Projects
Organizational Units
Journal Issue
Series
Abstract

Forestry extension at Iowa state university has the basic mission of improving and expanding tree resources in the state through educational programs. The unit is housed in the Department of Forestry and is staffed by two professionals plus a graduate assistant. Dean R. Prestemon is the subject matter leader with a 75% extension – 25% resident teaching appointment. Paul H. Wray is the other full-time professional with a 75% extension - 25% research appointment. Dean's specialty is wood products and housing while Paul focuses on tree biology and forest management. Reinee Hildebrandt, graduate assistant, keys on youth programs. Overall, administration of the program rests with the Chairman, Department of Forestry, and the Extension Program Leader for Agriculture and Natural Resources.

Description
Keywords
Citation
DOI
Source
Collections