The Clinic

dc.contributor.author Baumhover, Neil
dc.contributor.department Iowa State University Digital Repository
dc.date 2018-03-28T23:48:55.000
dc.date.accessioned 2020-06-30T05:11:44Z
dc.date.available 2020-06-30T05:11:44Z
dc.date.embargo 2015-02-18
dc.date.issued 1996
dc.description.abstract <p>The photograph that appeared on the cover of the past Iowa State University Veterinarian refreshed the memories of many former veterinary students. The clinic area of what was once known as the Veterinary Quadrangle (now Lagomarcino Hall) plays a significant role in the history of Iowa State. Throughout its lifetime, this section of the building has been a place for applied veterinary instruction, studios for sculpture and an office for student journalism. The construction of the Quadrangle was prompted by the poor conditions found in the veterinary hospital, which stood where the Memorial Union is now. The advancing knowledge of sanitation had deemed the building undesirable, as described by Dr. Charles Stange in his 1929 history of the Division of Veterinary Medicine.</p>
dc.identifier archive/lib.dr.iastate.edu/iowastate_veterinarian/vol58/iss2/8/
dc.identifier.articleid 3560
dc.identifier.contextkey 6683086
dc.identifier.s3bucket isulib-bepress-aws-west
dc.identifier.submissionpath iowastate_veterinarian/vol58/iss2/8
dc.identifier.uri https://dr.lib.iastate.edu/handle/20.500.12876/47736
dc.source.bitstream archive/lib.dr.iastate.edu/iowastate_veterinarian/vol58/iss2/8/Pages_from_SF601_V65_v_58_n_02_8.pdf|||Sat Jan 15 01:59:23 UTC 2022
dc.subject.disciplines Higher Education
dc.subject.disciplines Veterinary Medicine
dc.title The Clinic
dc.type article
dc.type.genre article
dspace.entity.type Publication
relation.isJournalIssueOfPublication 33c3a450-43ca-440c-af9e-ec09058317de
relation.isOrgUnitOfPublication d2bcee6c-7cba-4fa7-bd11-543354ce7b1b
File
Original bundle
Now showing 1 - 1 of 1
Name:
Pages_from_SF601_V65_v_58_n_02_8.pdf
Size:
409.06 KB
Format:
Adobe Portable Document Format
Description:
Collections